24 hour emergency police station phone 07767 497 423
For he attention of our loyal clients our offices have recently moved to 88a Tottenham Lane London N8 7EE.
If you cannot get through on our telephone lines contact our emergency line: 07767497423
We are currently offering Zoom meetings or, if this is not possible, face-to-face meetings subject to Covid safe measures such as mandatory mask usage.
Contact our Solicitors
Wills and Probate
Don’t be misled into thinking that you can make your own will. Mistakes can have serious consequences. A good solicitor will give you the reassurance that the job has been done properly, and assist with planning to minimise Inheritance tax.
Contact our Solicitors
When a loved one or close friend dies it is distressing enough to have to cope with the bereavement itself and the funeral arrangements. In addition you may well be the executor or entitled to apply to be the Administrator of the deceased’s estate, having to cope with submitting forms to the Probate Registry, collecting assests and dealing with the Inland Revenue. This is where we can offer expert help at a very reasonable cost, with what can otherwise be a lengthy and burdensome task. Unfortunately disputes can arise around Probate and we often conduct proceedings in this field of Law and will provide a reasonably costed and sympathetic support to those obliged to be involved.
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
We anticipate this will take between 10 and 20 hours work at £220 per hour plus VAT at 20%. Total costs estimated at £3000-£5000 (+VAT at 20%) and disbursements
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This quote is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are between 2-8 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Disbursements included in this fee (where applicable VAT is included at 20%):
- Probate application fee of £210
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £30 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £X Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential additional costs
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £2(1 per asset usually).
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
How long will this take?
At the current time there are long delays in the Probate Registry and it is difficult to estimate how long probate matters are taking.
Court of Protection
We can deal with this sensitive and diffcult area of law.
We deal with Deputyship Applications which arise when someone is mentally incapable of managing their financial affairs and property.
Home and Hospital visits are undertaken as a matter of course. Assistance is provided to the next of kin (or other applicant) throughout the application process in the Court.
VAT no 221 0470 24
Call Clinton Davis Pallis Solicitors for conducting buying and selling your home or business, probate and will services Landlord and Tenant in the Crouch End Hornsey and Haringey areas.
Emergency 24hr telephone number for police station assistance: 07767 497 423
We practise in England and Wales and we are a solicitor's practice regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA no 312864.
VAT no 221 0470 24